I'm not sure why this idea came to me... something about shoveling snow reminded me of a post that Dar over at An Exacting Life did about Canada a while back - so I decided that perhaps it would be fun to do a Colorado trivia version.
These questions range from the historical to the bizarre, I was mostly aiming for fun stuff that's familiar to anyone living in Colorado, but might be unknown to other folks. So let's find out how much you guys know about my beautiful state!
I'll give you the answers in the next post... though I'm sure most will be revealed in the comments section.
So without further ado...
1) Which state on this map is Colorado? And what important geological feature runs right down the middle of our state?
2) What does this symbol mean?
3) What is a 14er, and how many of them are there in Colorado?
4) Before he entered politics, what was the career of Colorado Governor, John Hickenlooper?
5) Why is Denver called the "Mile High City"?
6) The word "TABOR" has two important meanings in Colorado. What are they?
7) Who is "Number 7" and why do we care?
8) What happened in Colorado in 1859?
9) What iconic park was this photo taken in, and why is it important to Colorado music fans?
11) Who is this man? And why is his face familiar to long-time Colorado residents?
12) Why on earth did the Colorado Department of Transportation replace the mile 420 road sign? (If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know the answer to this one - and yes, it's for real!)
13) What is this, and why would you see one in Colorado?
14) What does this coin have to do with Colorado?
OK... that's about all I can think of for the moment. I'm not sure if these will be really easy or really hard - can't wait to hear your answers... No cheating now!