Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Memorial Day is one of those holidays that always leaves a lump in my throat. I know... who'd a thunk it from a hippie peacenik like me!

But here's the thing, my family is full of veterans. CatMan is a vet, my father is a vet, and both of my grandfathers were veterans - still not sure how I turned out to be such a radical.

The truth is that I abhor war. I think it's hideous and barbaric, and some part of me seriously has a hard time believing that human beings haven't yet come up with a better way of solving their problems.

That being said, I am eternally grateful to the men and women who have sacrificed their lives, giving me the freedom to be the hippie radical that I am. I stand in awe, and am forever in their debt.


Happy Memorial Day everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts so please leave me a comment and I promise I will respond.

On older posts I've had to enable comment moderation to prevent spammers, so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away - unless you're just commenting for the sake of embedding a link, in which case I really wish you wouldn't waste your time or mine because I'll just delete it.

Thanks, and have a fabulous day!