Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dispatch to the Weather Gods

Dear Zeus, Ullr, Tlaloc, Tishtrya, Imdugud, Addad, Tefnut, Yu-Tzu, Taki-Tsu-Hiko, Baiyubibi, Waruna, Sodza, Mawu, Hiro, Chipiripa, Chac, Ganymede, Thor, Khione, and anybody else who might have influence over moisture falling from the sky,

I am writing to thank you for your timely and thorough response to my requests for a mild and dry winter. The Princess Kitty greatly appreciated your restraint when it came to precipitation events over the past 6 months. I wanted to let you know that she is safely inside now, so it would be OK for the rain and snow to return.

In fact, when I submitted my request for a mild winter, I had no idea that you would respond with such fervor. I was hoping that you'd hold off on the blizzards, but I never anticipated one of the driest winters on record. I want to again thank you for your scrupulous response to my request.

I fear, however, that perhaps you may have taken my appeal a tad bit to seriously. I really hadn't intended that it should never snow or rain again, and when I asked for an early spring, I really wasn't anticipating March weather in the 70's and 80's. I don't wish to seem ungrateful, but I did want to clarify that I was only asking for a brief respite and not a permanent change. I also hadn't realized that you might send all of our snow to fall on folks elsewhere.

So, given that Princess is now safely inside, I wanted to officially rescind my plea for dry weather. I really do appreciate your granting of my request, but I think that it would be good for things to go back to normal now.

Yours Truly,
The EcoCatLady

p.s. Could you please pass this message along to the fire gods and let them know that they can back off until July or August?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts so please leave me a comment and I promise I will respond.

On older posts I've had to enable comment moderation to prevent spammers, so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away - unless you're just commenting for the sake of embedding a link, in which case I really wish you wouldn't waste your time or mine because I'll just delete it.

Thanks, and have a fabulous day!