Wednesday, May 15, 2019

It LIVES!!

Ok... since I've now received 2 comments in the past day or so asking if I'm OK, I figured perhaps I should write and let you know that I'm still inhabiting the land of the living.

I'm not entirely sure why I haven't been blogging - mostly I've just been crazy busy. Long story short, $15K of unexpected expenses last year (Jasper's vet bills and the plumbing disaster), sorta opened my eyes to the fact that perhaps I should really get my rear end in gear and find a way to bring in a bit more income. Soooo... after several failed starts & ideas that didn't pan out, I have a new business! I'm designing things on Zazzle. Having great fun and feeling like there just aren't enough hours in the day. It's still in it's nascent stages, but it promises to be a good source of a reasonable amount of passive income one day. On some level, I know this is really silly, because it's not like I don't have plenty of savings... it just makes me nervous to have so little coming in the door. Anyhow, I'm having fun, so I guess that's the most important part.

I'm sure there's a bunch more I should be telling you, but honestly, I'm sorta pooped. Spent the whole day out digging in the garden trying to get things planted. Such a crazy spring here with all of the late season snow, I fear I'm terribly behind.

Anyhoo… I do have much more to blather about, but it will have to wait for another day. Hopefully it won't take me 6 months to get back here again!

Hope you're all happy & well. I'd love to hear what you've all been up to!

xoxoxo,
Cat

9 comments :

  1. I wasn't one of the people pestering you about your status, but I'll say it's nice to see you pop up in my reading feed. Happy zazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, wondered what you were up to and how things were. Glad to hear from you. Can you give us a link to your Zazzle products?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're well and are just really busy with things that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you’re just busy. I missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cat, I'm happy to hear that you are alive and kicking. I have no clue what Zazzle is but I'm glad that you are doing something that is fun and makes money.
    What I'm up to at the moment is I'm looking forward to a 3-month sabbatical from my office job. I like my job, but to have 3 months to spend on being outdoors, relaxing and doing jobs around the house that I usually don't get around to. Just another 2 weeks...Hope you have a good summer too! Rolien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped by to see if you were still blogging. Glad to "see" you. I first read your blog probably in 2010? I got up the courage to save money and take time off and then go back to work part time/hourly when I started getting nervous about money coming in. You are a great role model, reading your blog was the beginning of me getting the courage to do those things. Hey, you should share a link to your Zazzle stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know you're alive. I'm in the universe of expensive vet bills this day, but still loath to go back to corporate America. I did sell some plasma...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good, I was starting to think something awful had happened! Life can get crazy busy--glad you're back in action. Looking forward to hearing more about Zazzle. We are in the midst of the Rainiest Spring Ever resulting in the Wettest Basement Ever. But we're all healthy, so overall, doing well here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're doing okay. I haven't been blogging much either. I hope you'll do a post about your Zazzle designs soon. Your posts about getting out of the rat race give me hope.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts so please leave me a comment and I promise I will respond.

On older posts I've had to enable comment moderation to prevent spammers, so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away - unless you're just commenting for the sake of embedding a link, in which case I really wish you wouldn't waste your time or mine because I'll just delete it.

Thanks, and have a fabulous day!