Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kitty Update

I fear I've been a terrible blogger of late, but I've been busy beating a path to the veterinarian's office. The short story is that everybody is doing great... the long story is that I haven't slept much because I worry about my babies.

But... Princess has had no more seizures and no other symptoms of any kind. This is GREAT news. It doesn't mean for sure that she couldn't have FIP or some other horrible disease, but it makes it significantly less likely. She has to go back to the vet in a few weeks for another FIV/Leukemia test, and a general once over from the vet, but if all goes well and she gets a clean bill of health we'll be able to start integrating her into the family. I don't want to count any chickens before they are hatched, but I'll be a very happy camper if this comes to pass.

In the meantime, my 13 year old sweetheart, Mr. Sputnik VonWiskars, started to act unhappy a few weeks ago. At first I thought he was upset about Princess being in the basement, then I thought he had a hair ball, then I was sure that CatMan had made him neurotic by playing the guitar at mealtime to keep him from eating his brother's food (long story... Sputty is terrified of the guitar and CatMan figured this would be a good way to get Mr. Piggy to let his little brothers eat). But as it turned out, he had abscesses in some of his few remaining teeth.

So, Mr. VonWiskars had to have oral surgery on Friday, which meant that I had to be up all night worrying about him the night before, and all through the day of the surgery, and for a few days afterwards. I know the chances of anything going wrong are slim, but since CatMan has had 4 pets irrevocably damaged by vets, my trust is not terribly high in that department.

The good news is that Sputnik is doing great! He's still adjusting to having no front canines, but he's starting to act like his old self again. He even crawled under the covers with me this morning and gave me a thorough belly massage (which I apparently needed.) I am sooo relieved and happy that my baby isn't in pain anymore.

I have a pile of thought provoking posts piling up in my head, but time will tell if any of them ever make it out of there and onto the blog. Hopefully things will calm down here in the next few weeks.

Here's a picture of my sweet, wonderful Sputty, just so you can get a small taste of his preciousness...

2 comments :

  1. I'm sorry you've been having cat problems. It's hard to think about anything else when you're that worried. Hope everyone gets a clean bill of health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jennifer. Things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts so please leave me a comment and I promise I will respond.

On older posts I've had to enable comment moderation to prevent spammers, so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away - unless you're just commenting for the sake of embedding a link, in which case I really wish you wouldn't waste your time or mine because I'll just delete it.

Thanks, and have a fabulous day!